There has been a lot of issue discussing on this one, so I'd like to gather them altogether so we can have a better understanding what's wrong and what needs to be done.
For starters, #122 looks promising to completely resolving this issue.
Just a quick note, I was using this library until I found:
IntersectionObserver under the hood
Works quite nicely for my use case and far more performant for browsers that support it (especially low end devices)
You could swap out the visibility detection for sure
I didnt find the polyfill to be a big performance issue on browsers that dont support
note: it does require tinkering with
rootMargin to get right on some browsers
It seems like IO is not working well on mobile platforms. https://www.quirksmode.org/blog/archives/2017/10/intersection_ob.html
|Issue Title||Created Date||Updated Date|